Board index Pokémon Pokémon News! Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire

Read the latest Pokémon News here! Also for PWUK related news and news related to the UK of major importance!

Samsonite PWUK Owner
PWUK Owner

Badges: 2
Admin Team Owner

Today marks the day many people were anticipating. Revealed on the Pokémon YouTube channel was the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire everyone has been wanting.

It has been announced by The Pokémon Company that new versions of Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire are to be released on the Nintendo 3DS and 2DS this year. These games, named Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are coming November 2014 worldwide. The press release lists these games as a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby & Sapphire and states "The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world."

Blaze Pyro User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 9
PWUK Trainer Level 9

HOENN CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

And of course, the words 'fresh take' and 'new world' are music to my ears.
Last edited by Blaze Pyro on , edited 1 time in total.
ImageLondon 2 - Top 64Image
London 3 - Top 62
VGC12 UK - 11th
Manchester 4 - 14th
VGC13 UK - 16th
VGC13 Europe - 38th

How to RNG Pickup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MST19JM8Dk

ChicoMono User avatar
PWUK Administrator
PWUK Administrator

Badges: 1
Admin Team

MEGA KYOGRE LETS GO!
Now with 50% added Moderator-ness.

Pokemon X:
ChicoMono; 0559-6986-8750
Trainer Shiny Value = 2731
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tournament History:
UK Manchester VGCs 2014: Senior Division : 9th Overall
UK Birmingham VGCs 2013: Senior Division : 14th Overall - Qualified for Worlds 2013!
UK Birmingham VGCs 2012: Senior Division : 52nd Overall

PokemonWorld.co.uk London 2 Tournament: 7th Overall
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
60 Championship Points
The United Kingdom's 14th Best Senior-Division Player as of Worlds 2013!

IceArceus User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 22
PWUK Trainer Level 22

Finally Hoenn remakes are confirmed!!!

Speculation had been mounting for a while and I think we can all agree they were overdue. As someone who 'started' Pokémon in the 4th Gen, I never got the chance to fully explore Hoenn as much as I wanted, so I'm pretty excited I can do that now. Another good thing is now all the regions have been playable on DS Platforms. I'm really looking forward to this, potentially even more than for XY.

#AlphaSapphire
Winner of London Gamerbase 3
3rd at VGC 2012 UK Nationals (Seniors)
11th at VGC 2012 World Championships (Seniors)

Blaze Pyro User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 9
PWUK Trainer Level 9

I think I'm going for Omega Ruby because I caught a Kyogre in Heart Gold and I've never caught a Groudon.
Even though I have Emerald and my RNGing obsession has resulted in me to have not caught any legendary in Gen3 except Latios, which took me so long to do (and for fairly ok IVs).

Also, isn't it rather odd that it's only been 1 year? And I only just realised that they've done a Gen3 and put the remakes out before the 3rd version.
ImageLondon 2 - Top 64Image
London 3 - Top 62
VGC12 UK - 11th
Manchester 4 - 14th
VGC13 UK - 16th
VGC13 Europe - 38th

How to RNG Pickup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MST19JM8Dk

superjawsguy User avatar

I'm going Alpha Sapphire due to the fact sapphire is my favourite gemstone,and because mega Kyogre looks so majestic.

nationspokemon User avatar
PWUK News Team
PWUK News Team

News Team
i never thought i'd say this and actually mean it but...................HOENN CONFURMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or should I say "hype boat"
this is why we were put on this planet

Lost Cause User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 10
PWUK Trainer Level 10

nationspokemon wrote:
ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!!

THERE ARE NO BRAKES ON THE HYPE TRAIN.

Tournaments competed at:
  • London 2 (2011)
  • London 3 (2012)
Tournaments spectated at:
  • VGC UK 2012

3rdy PWUK Trainer Level 8
PWUK Trainer Level 8

hmmm i have mixed feeling about this.

pokemon R/S/E ware my 2nd worst pokemon game :/

but also im kinda exited to see what nintendo's gonna do. as wen thay make pokemon remakes thay tend to put loads of new stuff in it

Thetoxicdragon User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 4
PWUK Trainer Level 4

Woah, this is awesome. I loved sapphire version, im wonder how well they can do the remakes
2013 VGC-29th
2012 VGC top 32

Demelza User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

News Team
Blaze Pyro wrote:
Also, isn't it rather odd that it's only been 1 year? And I only just realised that they've done a Gen3 and put the remakes out before the 3rd version.

It seems odd to us but out actually isn't, Pokémon has always been pretty much a yearly series in Japan but we haven't gotten to see that because of the time it took to translate the games for oversees. You've gotta bare in mind that the second they had the engine, 3D models, etc. done for XY then it became a lot easier to handle the remake (plus the fact they'll have been developed alongside XY to some degree), especially considering Hoenn is already made. Sure, they'll add new things to it, but the core concepts and ideas of the region are already there which makes the developers lives a hell of a lot easier.

Remakes coming before the third game is actually a patten at this point too at least to some degree, FireRed and LeafGreen came before Emerald did. Chances are they might want to treat X and Y to a sequel like Black/White got Black/White2 so this breaks the games up extremely nicely.

Also, for those wondering, the press releases and that video play up this being a brand new world and adventure etc., but they are playing it up for the Pokémon fans who didn't play the games 11 years ago and because in the sixth generation this does count as a new adventure. It was confirmed today that the games -are- definitely full remakes rather than brand new games. Sure, Hoenn will be different from the last time we saw it, but these are still Ruby and Sapphire to some degree. :)

AurafullAlex User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 14
PWUK Trainer Level 14

Also heard about it from pokemon's official youtube channel as I am subbed. I'm looking forward to these games as long as they don't impact X and Y sales. >_>
(Changed name from LucarioDudeAlex)

2 quid is good User avatar
PWUK Administrator
PWUK Administrator

Admin Team News Team
I'm thinking of something witty to put here.....

Nothing

My avatar made by http://www.XxPokemonGiveawaysxX.webs.com. All credit goes to them.

Demelza User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

News Team
LucarioDudeAlex wrote:
Also heard about it from pokemon's official youtube channel as I am subbed. I'm looking forward to these games as long as they don't impact X and Y sales. >_>

There is little to no reason why they would impact the sales of X & Y. Sure, the sales of the remakes will likely do better than XY for the time being (considering a bigger base of 3DS players after XY came out and people picked the games up), but when the remakes come out X & Y will have been released a year. Most of the players who will have wanted to pick up X & Y will have already done so already anyway. :)

AurafullAlex User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 14
PWUK Trainer Level 14

Yay good to know time to revisit another gen I know they do a great job at them just like with HS/SS can't wait to see how good they will be. Can't wait! *here's the trumpets.* :3
(Changed name from LucarioDudeAlex)

IceArceus User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 22
PWUK Trainer Level 22

I hope there will be a lot of Legendaries that can be caught in these games, similar to the amount that was in HG/SS.
Winner of London Gamerbase 3
3rd at VGC 2012 UK Nationals (Seniors)
11th at VGC 2012 World Championships (Seniors)

Samsonite PWUK Owner
PWUK Owner

Admin Team Owner

Hopefully, I want all the ones I can get
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Round 2 VGC 2011 Birmingham
Round 2 London #3
Round 2 VGC 2012 Birmingham
VGC 2013 Birmingham - DNF
VGC 2014 Manchester - 111th

Lost Cause User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 10
PWUK Trainer Level 10

Apparently Nintendo have also trademarked the name "Delta Emerald", but we don't know if this is indicative of anything or just one of those cases of a company trademarking something as a cover just in case.

Tournaments competed at:
  • London 2 (2011)
  • London 3 (2012)
Tournaments spectated at:
  • VGC UK 2012

Samsonite PWUK Owner
PWUK Owner

Admin Team Owner

Probably just a precaution to make sure no one can use the name and confuse it with the series of games they are making
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Round 2 VGC 2011 Birmingham
Round 2 London #3
Round 2 VGC 2012 Birmingham
VGC 2013 Birmingham - DNF
VGC 2014 Manchester - 111th

3rdy PWUK Trainer Level 8
PWUK Trainer Level 8

mega evo's for swampart and sceptile. sceptile is grass-dragon :O

http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2014/06 ... -sapphire/

edit: also

Return to Pokémon News!