Board index Community General 3DS eshop games...

3DS eshop games...

PWUK's general discussion starts here! This is where you can discuss just about anything! Just please remember children as young as 7 read these forums so nothing too obscene!

Jedwardo User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 8
PWUK Trainer Level 8

Hey,

So far I've bought four games/apps from the eshop:

Pokemon X
    Steam World Dig
    Pokedex 3D Pro
    Pokemon Dream Radar

I've looked everywhere but am unable to find a definitive answer to my question; how are these protected in the event of the loss or breakage of my 3DS console? My console is connected to Nintendo Network ID and Club Nintendo. :?

I don't want to have to buy them all again if that happens :D

Thanks!
3DS Friend Code: 3153 - 3859 - 3520
White 2 Friend Code: 4943 - 8226 - 5919

Poke-Artist User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

As far as I know, you can't, Nintendo will not give you a second code nor will they try to recover it. You somehow lose it, it's gone forever, one of the risks I took when going fully digital for all my 3DS games etc, I have no psychical copies of any 3ds game. another risk for myself is that I have to wait for some games to go digital which take along time.

Jedwardo User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 8
PWUK Trainer Level 8

Fair enough!

It does seem a bit strange though, for example iTunes and Amazon have all your digital purchases such as music, films and eBooks backed up in the cloud for you. You can even play them from the cloud!

I suppose we could always hold out for Nintendo to follow suite, especially in a digital age, this sort of stuff should just be the norm! Heck, we should even be able to play 3DS games direct from the cloud!

Poke-Artist User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

Jedwardo wrote:
Fair enough!

It does seem a bit strange though, for example iTunes and Amazon have all your digital purchases such as music, films and eBooks backed up in the cloud for you. You can even play them from the cloud!

I suppose we could always hold out for Nintendo to follow suite, especially in a digital age, this sort of stuff should just be the norm! Heck, we should even be able to play 3DS games direct from the cloud!

Yeah well Nintendo have no such cloud, no news or information on them even considering it either, I have seen a few articles of players losing things and Nintendo not giving a shiny rats ass about It, try to stick to psychical copies unless like me you can back up your SD card through your PC and know how to manipulate game and save data so you hopefully can't lose things.

For example took me around 1-2 days to successfully transfer a few games over from one SD to my 32 GB SD Card, I was panicking throughout because, I knew If I lost something Nintendo wouldn't help recover.

Oh yeah also everything game data and downloads are all connected to the system not the account. So bare that in mind too for future reference.

Jedwardo User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 8
PWUK Trainer Level 8

Poke-Artist wrote:
Unless like me you can back up your SD card through your PC and know how to manipulate game and save data so you hopefully can't lose things.

So you know about backing up save data? In which case would it be possible for me to take me current Pokemon X data and place this on a physical copy of the game?

I'd much rather just buy a second hand copy of the game and be able to do this, than have to repay £40 for the digital copy again complete with an empty save file :(

Toquill User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 25
PWUK Trainer Level 25

I've found Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies and Harvest Moon: A Tale Of Two Towns to be great :3
won't you notice me icearceus12 senpai~
Nintendo UK 2013 Winter Champion

Jedwardo User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 8
PWUK Trainer Level 8

Toquill wrote:
Harvest Moon: A Tale Of Two Towns to be great :3

I NEED that game! I guess I'll have to wait a while though as I've just bought 5 games for myself for Christmas!

On another note, anyone know why HG/SS are so expensive everywhere, even used and without the Pokewalker? I really want to play one of the two as Johto is my favorite region haha! 8-)

Edit: I looked on ebay and have bid on a copy of HG (Fingers Crossed) :D

Samsonite PWUK Owner
PWUK Owner

Badges: 2
Admin Team Owner

they tend to be expensive as demand drives the price, it is a very in-demand game so people sell it high as they know people will pay whatever price is set within reason
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Round 2 VGC 2011 Birmingham
Round 2 London #3
Round 2 VGC 2012 Birmingham
VGC 2013 Birmingham - DNF
VGC 2014 Manchester - 111th

Jedwardo User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 8
PWUK Trainer Level 8

Samsonite wrote:
they tend to be expensive as demand drives the price, it is a very in-demand game so people sell it high as they know people will pay whatever price is set within reason

You're right there, I've just seen it go for £30, cartridge only!

Poke-Artist User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

Jedwardo wrote:
Poke-Artist wrote:
Unless like me you can back up your SD card through your PC and know how to manipulate game and save data so you hopefully can't lose things.

So you know about backing up save data? In which case would it be possible for me to take me current Pokemon X data and place this on a physical copy of the game?

I'd much rather just buy a second hand copy of the game and be able to do this, than have to repay £40 for the digital copy again complete with an empty save file :(

That is actually possible If you purchase a cartridge like device that plugs into your PC and you insert the game cartridge similar to how you do with an SD Card, then all you need to do is find your PKMN Save data in all your 3DS folders and It's like a drag and drop kind of setup I believe.

If your still interested I can send you a link to It?

Jedwardo User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 8
PWUK Trainer Level 8

Yeah, please do!

Return to General