Board index Pokémon Pallet Town I'm new!

I'm new!

Welcome to PWUK! :D Welcome yourself here for the community to get to know you. Include who referred you so they can get the recognition for it.

Toquill User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 25
PWUK Trainer Level 25

Hi there!
I created an account today since I have recently gotten into Pokemon competitive play, and I'm hoping that more experienced players could help me out. I was going to compete in Gamerbase 2010 but I had struggles with getting there, since I was 12 at the time and transport was an issue. Anyways, my first tourney was VGC 2012, where I did HORRIBLE since I was clueless about competition in Pokemon (in GB'10 I was gonna use a Piplup. A Piplup.), I thought it'd be cool to teach Chansey Shadow Ball as its only damaging move, which cost me the match in round 2, and due to the swiss format- the tournament. But yeah, I've been doing research into competitive play since then and I have high hopes for VGC 13 which should be right around the corner, and I've done training so i should be posting an RMT sometime. This is the first forum I'm committing myself to, since it's closer to home.
Thanks for letting me waste your time, guys!
won't you notice me icearceus12 senpai~
Nintendo UK 2013 Winter Champion

Samsonite PWUK Owner
PWUK Owner

Badges: 2
Admin Team Owner

Hey Toquill, welcome to PokemonWorld. I'm not very good at competitive battling either see my sig for my very bad battle record :P

Have a look around the forums and get yourself acquainted with the site. A staff member should come along soon with most details as I forget them :)

Chat is the best way to get to know us. It usually gets busy around 7PM

Hope you enjoy it here
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Round 2 VGC 2011 Birmingham
Round 2 London #3
Round 2 VGC 2012 Birmingham
VGC 2013 Birmingham - DNF
VGC 2014 Manchester - 111th

Lost Cause User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 10
PWUK Trainer Level 10

Toquill wrote:
I have high hopes for VGC 13 which should be right around the corner

Looking forward to seeing you there, and welcome aboard. Not sure if you saw me at VGC12 or not.

Tournaments competed at:
  • London 2 (2011)
  • London 3 (2012)
Tournaments spectated at:
  • VGC UK 2012

Toquill User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 25
PWUK Trainer Level 25

Looking forward to seeing you there, and welcome aboard. Not sure if you saw me at VGC12 or not.

Thanks! And I don't think I would have saw you unless there was something, uh, distinctive(?) about you. :)

Hey Toquill, welcome to PokemonWorld. I'm not very good at competitive battling either see my sig for my very bad battle record :P

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Lost Cause User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 10
PWUK Trainer Level 10

Toquill wrote:
Thanks! And I don't think I would have saw you unless there was something, uh, distinctive(?) about you. :)

Blue T-Shirt with the PWUK logo on the back and my username on the front. And an Oshawott plushie.

Tournaments competed at:
  • London 2 (2011)
  • London 3 (2012)
Tournaments spectated at:
  • VGC UK 2012

Toquill User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 25
PWUK Trainer Level 25

Blue T-Shirt with the PWUK logo on the back and my username on the front. And an Oshawott plushie.

Sorry, I don't think I saw you :(

King Insane User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 10
PWUK Trainer Level 10

Hey, welcome to PWUK! Always good to see new faces.

I'm a Senior as well, have no idea if I bumped into you or not - I think I was running a Trick Room team or something.

But yeah, make sure to pop onti the chat in the evenings to get to know people, and any questions PM me or one of the other staff and we'll be very willing to answer tgem :)
2013 Season stuff
TCG UK Seniors Nats Champ
590CP (TCG)

"It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt."
- Grimsley

Toquill User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 25
PWUK Trainer Level 25

It's funny, round 1 I battled an Anti-Trick Room team, round 2 I lost to a trick room team!

King Insane User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 10
PWUK Trainer Level 10

Toquill wrote:
It's funny, round 1 I battled an Anti-Trick Room team, round 2 I lost to a trick room team!

What was the round 2 team/ person like? I have no recollection of that battle so there's a chance it could have been me.
2013 Season stuff
590CP (TCG)

"It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt."
- Grimsley

Toquill User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 25
PWUK Trainer Level 25

I can't really remember, I know he had a Chandelure and I think a Conkeldurr... Do you remember much of your team?

King Insane User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 10
PWUK Trainer Level 10

Toquill wrote:
I can't really remember, I know he had a Chandelure and I think a Conkeldurr... Do you remember much of your team?

Yeah, I didn't use either of those, though I used them both in VGC11 where I got Top 8
2013 Season stuff
590CP (TCG)

- Grimsley

Toquill User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 25
PWUK Trainer Level 25

Brilliant! Yeah it couldn't have been you then 'cause there was definitely a Chandelure. I guess Trick Room was common!

Demelza User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

Badges: 1
News Team
Heya Toquill, everyone else has said what's needed to be said, but I wanted to say I hope you enjoy your time here anyways. :D

IceArceus User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 22
PWUK Trainer Level 22

Welcome to PWUK!
Winner of London Gamerbase 3
3rd at VGC 2012 UK Nationals (Seniors)
11th at VGC 2012 World Championships (Seniors)

Toquill User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 25
PWUK Trainer Level 25

Thanks Demelza and IceArceus12!

Return to Pallet Town