Board index Pokémon Pokémon News! Pokémon 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Announced

Pokémon 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Announced

Read the latest Pokémon News here! Also for PWUK related news and news related to the UK of major importance!

Demelza User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

Badges: 1
News Team
Pokémon 2013 Winter Friendly Wi-Fi Tournament Announced

The latest Wi-Fi tournament hosted by the Pokémon Global Link has been announced for Pokémon fans with a copy of Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2, but this one sees us taking a break from the VGC13 rules and going into something quite interesting.

This tournament will see players swapping Double Battles for a shot at playing Rotation Battles, but not only that, the playing field will be left wide open with Pokémon Trainers being given the chance to use any Pokémon from the national Pokédex featured in Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2, apart from Chatot, which should make for many very interesting battles. Once again players will be split into two different age groups to make the whole thing a bit fairer, and anyone who signs-up will be given a Micle Berry.

Players will be able to register for the tournament from the 7th of February until the 14th, with the tournament then running from the 15th until the 18th. Best of luck to all those who do decide to take part and may the best Pokémon trainer win!

Toquill User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 25
PWUK Trainer Level 25

This seems interesting, I'm gonna research into Rotation battles and enter, I'd love to use Palkia competitively, Spacial Rend is a beast attack!
won't you notice me icearceus12 senpai~
Nintendo UK 2013 Winter Champion

King Insane User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 10
PWUK Trainer Level 10

Really looking forward to this. What with it being Rotation and no CP at stake we might see less of ye old DCs. I'm also a bit sick of how competitive VGC has become, so a break from it seems perfect to me.

Also, are you sure it's 2 age categories? There were three in the last one.
2013 Season stuff
TCG UK Seniors Nats Champ
590CP (TCG)

"It's more important to master the cards you're holding than to complain about the ones your opponents were dealt."
- Grimsley

Demelza User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

News Team
Plex wrote:
Really looking forward to this. What with it being Rotation and no CP at stake we might see less of ye old DCs. I'm also a bit sick of how competitive VGC has become, so a break from it seems perfect to me.

Also, are you sure it's 2 age categories? There were three in the last one.

Yes, it said so in the official rules bit on the page. Don't doubt my reporting skills here. ;D

Kaiyou User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 6
PWUK Trainer Level 6

ooh might give this one a go ^.^

Pokérob User avatar
PWUK Founder
PWUK Founder

You won't see me enter this but it's great to see something different finally.

foodking PWUK Trainer Level 8
PWUK Trainer Level 8

ill be entering this yere mate
pokemon vgc record
best round 1 uk
best round 2 in uk and france
best round 3 in milan top 64
london 4 champion
4th place at manchester 5
bring on vgc 2013 nationals
YERE MATE
TEAM UK

Samsonite PWUK Owner
PWUK Owner

Badges: 2
Admin Team Owner

May have to enter this, bit of fun

rotation is different though, could be interesting to see what it is like
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Round 2 VGC 2011 Birmingham
Round 2 London #3
Round 2 VGC 2012 Birmingham
VGC 2013 Birmingham - DNF
VGC 2014 Manchester - 111th

Toquill User avatar
PWUK Trainer Level 25
PWUK Trainer Level 25

I have a few ideas for this, so I might enter...
won't you notice me icearceus12 senpai~
Nintendo UK 2013 Winter Champion

HK7 User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

News Team
So I can use any pokemon? And why are they doing another one so quickly?
Proud master of the PHANTOM BRAWLERS clan!
Now making early recruitments for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Super Smash Bros 4 for 3DS and Wii U.
www.phantom-brawlers.webs.com

Demelza User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

News Team
HK7 wrote:
So I can use any pokemon? And why are they doing another one so quickly?

You can use any Pokémon apart from Chatot. As for the second question, they've only been doing so many recently because they tie-in with the VGC events and are giving players Championship Points towards Worlds this year, but as the name suggests, the Winter Friendly is just a friendly tournament and has nothing to do with all the VGC centred ones we've had recently.

HK7 User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

News Team
Could someone explain these, "championship points"!
Now making early recruitments for Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and Super Smash Bros 4 for 3DS and Wii U.

Demelza User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

News Team
HK7 wrote:

It's a complex system, or seems so to me because I'm not that competitively involved in the games, but basically the Championship Points count towards you qualifying for the 2013 Pokémon World Championships in Vancouver

Samsonite PWUK Owner
PWUK Owner

Badges: 2
Admin Team Owner

Demelza wrote:
HK7 wrote:

It's a complex system, or seems so to me because I'm not that competitively involved in the games, but basically the Championship Points count towards you qualifying for the 2013 Pokémon World Championships in Vancouver

The championship points system was introduced to take away the luck aspect of the championships. The in real life VCG events give major points and the wi-fi tournamnets give low points, so that if someone is lucky on the day of VGC, points received in the wi-fi tournaments could earn someone a place at nationals even if they were unlucky on the day of VGC.

Thats how i understand how the points system works
Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Round 2 VGC 2011 Birmingham
Round 2 London #3
Round 2 VGC 2012 Birmingham
VGC 2013 Birmingham - DNF
VGC 2014 Manchester - 111th

HK7 User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

News Team
Hmmmmmm, sound intreging!

HK7 User avatar
PWUK Moderator
PWUK Moderator

News Team
Could someone please check for me if there are any spaces left for this tournament! Cuz my bro wants to join and it won't let me login! :(

Return to Pokémon News!